- Business Development
- Consultative Selling
- Data Analysis & Insight
- Vertical Category Story Creation
- Content & Marketing Integration Management
- Brand Visionary
The Nielsen Company – New York, NY
Digital Measurement Solutions
Director, Business Development 2017 - Present
As Director, Business Development at The Nielsen Company, whose digital reach and resonance tools provide the metrics that guide brand marketers in the effective optimization of their advertising campaigns, planning future campaigns and generating guarantees on current campaigns, Veronica goes to market with the gold standard of digital measurement, giving advertisers the confidence that the digital funds they are investing are spent effectively and efficiently.
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and skilled developer of new business from existing accounts
- Talented driver of new business acquisition from non-billing accounts
- Experience in selling a complex technology-based product/service with research sales, online ad sales and software as a service to advertisers and agencies
- Established relationships with national advertising agencies including: Group M, Starcom, Carat, OMD, Universal McCann, MediaVest, MEC, Initiative, Hearts&Science
- Knowledgeable and skilled manager of an advertiser’s organization
- Keen collaborator internally and externally
- Outstanding analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Able to have a marketing/research conversation with prospects and clients
- Analyze campaign performance data and provide insights on how to optimize
- Strong consultative selling ability
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue and market share goals
- Senior level understanding of digital media space – planning/buying/selling
- Experience with market research
- Talented relationship builder with outstanding advertiser media contacts
- Enthusiastic and energetic team player, professional and likable demeanor
MEREDITH CORPORATION, New York, NY 2009 - 2017
Associate Publisher Sales 2012 - 2017
Business Development Director 2009 - 2012
Oversaw Hispanic Media Division, including Siempre Mujer, Ser Padres, Parents Latina, Meredith Latinas Network, siempremujer.com, serpadres.com. Directed sales team nationally and managed advertising sales revenue of $15M. Managed senior list of accounts from day-to-day basis.
- Exceeded CY2016 individual account list goal with a 119% end result.
- Collaborated with Marketing and Editorial, developing strategic and engaging custom program offerings based on client needs, cultural nuances, and organic content.
- Guided and directed Research Department to develop vertical category trend/insight reports and third-party studies, educating clients and agencies, as well as organizing client/agency events for broad circulation of research, i.e. “Siempre Beauty” Platform, “Entre Nosotros”/Between Us Quarterly Tours.
- Provided direction to Marketing and Art for general sales presentations for all brands.
- Worked with and influenced Corporate Sales on inclusion of Hispanic brands into Meredith corporate integrated programs by providing Hispanic insights and organic content ideation.
- Developed partnerships with complimentary media outlets, i.e. CNN, CNN en Español, Univision/Despierta America, Univision.com, Telemundo, and Telemundo.com.
- Worked with Public Relations in finalizing press releases around signature events and proprietary studies.
- Established marketing partnerships and relationships with organizations, retailers, and branded entertainment properties for integrated programs, such as UN Women, Museum of Latin American Art, National Museum of Mexican Art, Voto Latino, Reading is Fundamental, CVS, NBA, building programs to sell advertising.
CONDE NAST, New York, NY 2008
Associate Publisher Sales
Managed sales team nationally and drove $12M in advertising revenue for Conde Nast Bridal Group.
- Provided direction and client feedback to Marketing for program development
- Worked in collaboration with Research Department on developing category specific presentations
- Developed pipeline with sales team, while determining future revenue forecasts
TIME Inc., New York, NY 1999 - 2008
National Advertising Sales Director 2006 - 2008
Managed national sales team of eight sellers and oversaw $30M in advertising sales revenue for ESSENCE and essence.com.
- Oversaw selling process of integrated marketing programs, including annual Essence Music Festival, Essence’s first integrated program franchise “Will You Marry Me” and the first Essence “Black Women In Hollywood Luncheon”
- Provided direction and client feedback on common objections and areas of emphasis for the development of general presentations, category presentations and psychographic research studies such as “Window On Our Women” and “Smart Beauty”
Previous roles with Essence and Essence.com were:
- Northeast Sales Manager, 2004 - 2006
- Account Executive, 1999 - 2004
Master of Science (MS), Publishing, Pace University, New York, NY
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
Spanish – Conversational & Working Knowledge
Adjunct Lecturer, Pace University, Master of Science in Publishing Program 2008 - Present